Wireless Security and Spectrum Intelligence Module
The Cisco® Wireless Security module (WSM), taking advantage of the flexible modular design introduced with the Cisco Aironet®3600 Series Access Points and carried forward with the Cisco Aironet®3700 Series Access Points, delivers unprecedented, always-on security scanning and spectrum intelligence, which helps you avoid RF interference so that you get better coverage and performance on your wireless network.
- 24/7 full spectrum monitor and mitigation for adaptive wireless intrusion prevention system (AwIPS), CleanAir, Context Awareness, Rogue Detection and Radio Resource Management.
- 24/7 on-channel AwIPS threat protection.
- 23x more security and spectrum coverage.
- 30%+ CAPEX cost savings versus dedicated monitor mode access point.
- Zero touch configuration.
The WSM is a field-upgradeable module dedicated radio that off loads all monitoring and security services from the client/data serving radios to the security monitor module. This not only allows for better client performance but also reduces costs by eliminating the need for dedicated monitor mode access points and the Ethernet infrastructure required to connect those devices into their network.
Together, the 3600 and 3700 Series access points and WSM enable the customer to concurrently provide state-of-the-art security and spectrum analysis functions for Wi-Fi clients on all channels, in both the 2.4- and 5-GHz bands.
Once deployed, the module is constantly scanning all channels to help ensure the most secure and robust wireless experience available in the industry.
Ports & interfaces
Weight & dimensions
Data Source: IceCat